Re: octave-4.0.3 64 bit binaries for windows

From: DavidCoe
Subject: Re: octave-4.0.3 64 bit binaries for windows
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 06:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thank for responding so quickly. An infected packaging tool would be really
bad news, so it's best to play safe. So far, I have:

1. raw 7z archive: Windows Defender negative
2. extracted zip2exe (windows): Windows Defender positive, 13/51 VirusTotal
positives
3. extracted zip2exe (linux VM): Windows Defender negative, 11/51 VirusTotal
positives
4. mxe-rebuilt zip2exe (linux native): Windows Defender negative, 8/51
VirusTotal positives

The results are from 2 machines (dual-booted or virtual  OSs) and I'd be
reluctant to believe the linuxen have system infections. Could you perhaps
submit your local zip2exe to the on-line VirusTotal multi-scanner? Prebuilt
32bit versions don't trigger alerts.

I'll resume exercising your (utterly heroic) 64bit octave and, once the
mxe-octave repositories are back on-line, I might persevere  with my own
local build.

David