Re: Octave on Mac and Java

From: David
Subject: Re: Octave on Mac and Java
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 11:27:40 +0100

Sorry Sebastian, didn’t realise you were suggesting one or the other approach,
my mistake.

I don’t have much command line experience with the Mac… although was a
programmer in a previous life… I ran the command

brew install homebrew/science/octave --with-java

... otherwise it was complaining about not finding octave

Full output is:

macTaff:local David$ brew install homebrew/science/octave --with-java
==> Tapping homebrew/science
Cloning into '/usr/local/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-science'...
remote: Counting objects: 606, done.
remote: Total 606 (delta 1), reused 63 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (606/606), 519.92 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (1/1), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Error: Invalid formula:
/usr/local/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-science/mathgl.rb
undefined method `with_qt?' for #<Class:0x007fa1740e9030>
Error: Cannot tap homebrew/science: invalid syntax in tap!

I only installed homebrew for the first time a few hours ago, so assuming no
problems there.

Thanks for your assistance!