Re: How to setup Octave for GPU CUDA computing

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: How to setup Octave for GPU CUDA computing
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 21:49:44 +0000 (UTC)

>________________________________

If Intel compiler link with GPL incompatible libraries, you can not
redistribute Octave, but you can still use.

GPL mandates code (both source and binary) redistribution - not code usage.

As I wrote several years ago, 'ffmpeg' 'configure' had a switch enabling
LGPL-incompatible libraries ('ffmpeg' itself is LGPL). And there was a warning
issued in this case that the binary could not be redistributed.

--Sergei.