Octave on Mac and Java

From: David
Subject: Octave on Mac and Java
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 00:00:15 +0100

Hi,

I’m trying unsuccessfully to get Java working with Octave on a Mac.

OS El Capitan 10.11.4

Octave 4.0.2 with GUI from wiki page.

I have Java 1.7.0_79 installed… which is slightly weird as I installed v8 update 91, so unclear how the numbering works.

I’ve been trawling through the wiki and various documents, but other than confirming Octave doesn’t have Java configured, I can’t find any sensible / decipherable pointers on what to do to get it working.

Any help most appreciated!

Regards,

David.