Re: plot command hangs

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: plot command hangs
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:28:20 -0400

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Vedaraman, Geetha <address@hidden> wrote:
Windows 8

some people have (results very inconsistent) reported a significant delay the first time creating a plot, and then all subsequent plots taking a 'normal' amount of time. I have seen this, but I'm on Windows 7, and I haven't noticed it as a real problem in several versions of Octave.  I believe it was mentioned that it has something to do with Windows loading a font-cache for the first time?

If you try it once and wait a 'long time', do things eventually appear? If so about how long did it take, and do subsequent plot commands happen faster?  If you close and re-open Octave, does the situation repeat?

Nick J.