how to run octave 3.6.4 under Win10?

From: Stefan Himmelmann
Subject: how to run octave 3.6.4 under Win10?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 11:20:19 +0200

Hi octave team,
sorry to bother you, but I have an important question : how can I run octave under windows 10?

Last week I switched to windows 10 as sooner or later it will be unavoidable. The big surprise was that octave in not running properly any more. I had a similar problem under win 8.1. But that could be solved by just giving additional parameters to octave. This trick doesn't work on my system anymore. The compatibility feature under win 10 does also not work. Do you have another idea what I could try to make it run properly?

Sincerely
    Stefan Himmelmann