Re: xlswrite help

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: xlswrite help
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 16:05:01 -0700

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 11:36:08 -0500, Rattmann, Bryon wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I get the following error when trying to write a simple spread sheet in
> the octave command line:
>

> error: 'col2num' undefined near line 49 column 10
>
> error: called from
>
>     parse_sp_range at line 49 column 8
>
>     xlswrite at line 176 column 34
>

> I thought I successfully installed the extended 'io' package, but
> apparently not.  Could you shed some light on this problem please?  It
> seems to be calling a col2num function that doesn't exist or isn't in
> the right spot.  When I did a search for the 'col2num' in the octave
> folder, I found 'col2num.oct' in this directory:
>
> 'C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\lib\octave\packages\io-2.4.1\i686-w64-mingw32-api-v50+'

Without more information, I would guess that you installed the io
package under a previous version of Octave, or a 32-bit vs 64-bit build
of Octave. Compiled oct-files are specific to both the version and
architecture of Octave. If your running Octave can't find col2num, then
it's probably not the same Octave that the io package was installed in.

--
mike