Re: Not able to load and run a matlab file

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Not able to load and run a matlab file
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:06:04 -0400

On 06/09/2016 09:47 AM, AntoineOctave wrote:
Good evening! I'm quite new in SciLab and absolutely new in MatLab and I
encountered great difficulties to make a program from my course run on my
own Linux laptop, either on MatLab or on SciLab.

octave:3> /home/antoine/scilab-5.5.2/GainTuningExercise/runsim
parse error:

  syntax error
Octave expects an algebraic _expression_, so it thinks that you are asking it to divide a bunch of numbers.
You can't use absolute paths like that---instead, cd to your GainTuningExercise directory and execute runsim there. You can cd in shell and run octave, or cd in octave. The cd command has special rules for parsing its arguments, so the above problem with Octave interpreting / as division should not apply: you should be able to type either form of the 'cd' command:
cd /home/antoine/scilab-5.5.2/GainTuningExercise/
cd ("/home/antoine/scilab-5.5.2/GainTuningExercise/")