Re: Octave for commercial usage

From: Oliver Heimlich
Subject: Re: Octave for commercial usage
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 17:30:38 +0200

Am 8. Juni 2016 12:55:03 MESZ, schrieb "TERZIMEHIC, Tarik" <address@hidden>:
>Dear,
>
>I would like to know, if it is possible to use Octave as a help tool
>for my daily work?
>I could not find a clear statement about that in the internet and would
>like to ask you for the confirmation of free usage.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Best regards
>Tarik Terzimehic

Hello,

Octave is free software and you may use it for any purpose.

If you plan to redistribute it or want to distribute modified versions you have
to follow some rules (GNU GPL).

If, in addition and optionally, you need commercial support / service contracts
there are various options. But it sounds like you don't need it right now.

Best
Oliver