Re: Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:00:34 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: "tmacchant
> To: Michele
> Date: 2016/6/8, Wed 06:28
> Subject: Re: Re: Does Octave 4 GUI work on Windows 10?
>
> michele.ginesi
>>

>>  On 07/06/16 13:11, Steve 時益 wrote:
>>  Hi,  Octave 4.0.0 GUI used towork well on my Sony VAIO with windows 7.
> However, after Iupgradedto Windows 10, Icouldn’t get the GUI to start at all.
>
> (The CLI mode stillworked though.)  Doesthe GUI work on Windows10?  Or is
> there
> a problem in my installation/setup?
> I’dappreciateanyclarifications/suggestions.  Thanks a lot!  Steve

> Steve,
>>
>>  I removed W10 from all my PCs few months ago but I remind that Ialso had
> some troubles. However I solved the problem  by simplyremoving and
> reinstalling
> octave.
>>  Just a question: did you keep the installed version moving it fromW7 to W10
> or did you actually reinstalled it?
>>
>>  Michele
>
> I have upgrade ten windows 7 or 8.1
> PCs to windows 10. For me, GUI mode of octave 4 works on ten windows 10 PCs.
>
> Did you uninstall octave and re-install it?
> If not, I recommend you to carry out it as first try.
>
> Tatsuro

Upgrade of windows 7 or 8 to 10 causes sometimes extra troubles
because it is over write install.
Ideally clean install of windows 10 or initialize windows 10 is desirable
Of course. this requires whole back up your install and data.
Besides sometimes you will be involved incompatibility problems of hardware
driver.

If you do not want to struggle those, stay current state and consider other
trials
for octave.

Tatsuro