Scatter Plotting

From: Stephen H. Dawson
Subject: Scatter Plotting
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 16:51:55 -0400

Hello,

I am new to GNU Octave.

address@hidden ~ $ octave -v
GNU Octave, version 3.8.1
Copyright (C) 2014 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
address@hidden ~ $

I am looking to three-dimensionally plot some static x-y-z values. I am
pretty sure this is called scatter plotting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scatter_plot#/media/File:Scatter_plot.jpg
This is an example of the end result I am hoping to achieve. Does anyone
have a m file generation an approximation of this 3D graph they are
willing to share for me to read through and understand how to modify for
my needs?

--

Thank You,
Stephen H. Dawson