Re: Re: How to suppress to display comment and code

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Re: How to suppress to display comment and code
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 07:11:57 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: JohnD
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: 'Tatsuro MATSUOKA' ; 'Oliver Heimlich' ; 'Mike Miller'
> Date: 2016/6/1, Wed 05:10
> Subject: RE: Re: How to suppress to display comment and code
>
>>  Message: 1
>>  Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 07:11:45 -0700
>>  From: Mike Miller <address@hidden>
>>  To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>
>>  Cc: Oliver Heimlich <address@hidden>,
> "address@hidden"
>>      <address@hidden>
>>  Subject: Re: How to suppress to display comment and code
>>
>>  On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 20:28:10 +0900, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>>  > I re-installed octave-4.0.0 for the purpose preparation of lecture.
>>  > I executed build_packages.m that seemed to activate "echo".
>>  >
>>  > I re-booted octave and behavior came normal.
>>
>>  That sounds like a (minor) bug in build_packages.m, please report it
> against mxe-
>>  octave (it should save and restore the echo state).
>>
>>  --
>>  mike
>
> How do you get the current state of echo on/off ?

At top of build_packages.m

more ("off");
echo ("on");

If it is difficult to get state more and echo before executing build_packages.m,
adding like a below to the end is friendly for users.

disp("more is set to off and echo is set to on by this script, if you do not
like them please use more and echo command");

Tatsuro