Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: Octave 4.0.1 CTRL-C questions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 18:35:09 +0200

On 25/05/2016 17:41, Mike Miller wrote:
On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 15:22:03 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
Same on cygwin.

Technically the message is correct
 "Press Control-C again to abort."

It is octave execution that is aborting.... ;-)

This is the same on any operating system.

Please don't confuse the issue by bringing the `less` pager into the
problem. That is the known behavior of less, it does not respond to
interrupts, and Octave does not force kill it when it receives an
interrupt. It's been this way since the beginning of time.

Hi Mike,
I am aware. Less stand alone ignore CTRL+C

Please make sure to run `more off` first when working on identifying and
debugging these possible Ctrl+C issues.

It is not a less issue.
However it seems a potential race issues

I can obtain the same results with sombrero()
if I hit CTRL+C 3 times before the plot is completed.

octave:1> more off
octave:2> sombrero()
Press Control-C again to abort.
panic: Interrupt -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to 'octave-workspace'...
save to 'octave-workspace' complete

Regards
Marco