Re: octave on Mac

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: octave on Mac
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 10:46:40 -0400

> On May 23, 2016, at 22:23, Joshua Friedman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Octave on Mac is really buggy. I was able to compile it with homebrew, but
> couldn't get the graphics to work.
>
> Mac is basically freeBSD so I am surprised that the Windows version works
> nicely but Mac seems to be a real problem.
>
> These day, many (or maybe most) young students have mac laptops. It would be
> great to see a version using the apple graphical libraries. For example, the
> TexShop program for writing latex. If I knew enough about the graphical
> libraries, I would volunteer, but I don't.
>
> If possible, please compile a 4.0.1 version and make it a DMG file.

There's been some work compiling an app bundle automatically using Homebrew.

https://github.com/schoeps/octave_installer

Please give it a try. If the graphics don't work file an "issue" at the link so
that the developer can work on a solution. Be sure to include info on your
architecture and version of Mac OS.

Ben