Selecting a Range for octave to read from an excel spreadsheet

From: Kaleem08
Subject: Selecting a Range for octave to read from an excel spreadsheet
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 02:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello I'm a new user to octave, and have run into the issue of octave not
being able to read the specific range in which I want my data from an excel
spreadsheet.

>> data=xlsread('sample.xlsx', '1st_Sheet', '[1,TH]')
error: no range '[1,TH]' in workbook 'sample.xlsx'

Can anyone help me on selecting a range for octave? I can provide
screenshots if needed.