Re: Fastest Octave Build?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Fastest Octave Build?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 08:53:29 +0900 (JST)

>From: Jeff Layton
>To: Help GNU Octave
>Date: 2016/5/11, Wed 08:05
>Subject: Fastest Octave Build?
>

>Hello,
>

>I'd like to build the fastest version of Octave I can (depending upon your
>definition of "fastest"). Does this mean Intel compilers and MKL? Any pointers
>to compiler options?
>

>Thanks!

I have never used the Intel compilers.

It depends also on your PC environments.
(OS and its version.)

BTW, the below is rather old
http://insights.dice.com/2013/11/04/speed-test-comparing-intel-c-gnu-c-and-llvm-clang-compilers/

Currently gcc 5.3.0 works and its performance seems not to be bad.

Octave is usually built with gcc (sometimes by the clang for C and C++ code)
and
octave build may not be not straightforward for other compilers.

Please wait replies from experts.

Tatsuro