setting an image as xy background on a 3-D plot

From: Francesco Potortì
Subject: setting an image as xy background on a 3-D plot
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 13:01:19 +0200

Since I got no answers to my previous question, I'll try with a new one.

I have a background image on which I need to plot 3-D data.  Using the
approach that I have sketched below, I obtain partially satisfying
results, so I am thinking about something different.

It would be perfect if I managed to make a stem3 plot (a sort of 3D
plot) while using a background image for the xy plane.  Any ideas on how
to do that, if ever possible?

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice:  +39.050.621.3058
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Mobile: +39.348.8283.107