Target Motion Analysis

From: Thomas D. Dean
Subject: Target Motion Analysis
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 13:52:09 -0700

I have been looking at TMA using bearings only. I found several (many?) papers on this, but, none seem to use geometry objects or provide code readily adaptable to octave.

I looked into using the Maple geometry package, but, ended up with a solution whose denominators had many zeros.

I thought of trying this with the octave geometry package, since the desired result is numerical, not symbolic.

The problem: Obtain a series of bearings from the sensor to the target, where both may be maneuvering, changing both heading and velocity.

Known values are the sensor position at times t(0...n) and the true bearing from the sensor to the target.

Has this been done?

An alternate method of solving this problem is minimization but I have difficulties formating the problem.

Tom Dean