Re: Compilation Error

From: Koby Zalmanson
Subject: Re: Compilation Error
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 09:05:51 +0300

Hi Mike,
Which other tools do you suggest to use? It can be really better.

Thanks,
Koby

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 16:10:29 +0300, Koby Zalmanson wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use the Octave in Visual C++, but even for the simpliest
> program it fails in the compilation.
> The errors I receive are regarding the library cmath.h, e.g:
>
> Error (active) the global scope has no "scalblnl" TestOctave3
> Error (active) the global scope has no "float_t" TestOctave3 c:\Program
> Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include\cmath 679
> I'll appreciate any help,

I don't think anyone uses MSVC with Octave recently, so you'll probably
be on your own. Most of the developers work with better tools.

There is an ancient version of Octave 3.6.4 built for MSVC in the Octave
Forge download area, see

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.4%20for%20Windows%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio/

You may try looking through the archives for other people who have tried
to do this, maybe get together to work on it if it's important to you.
See for example

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2014-05/msg00126.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2014-05/msg00063.html
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2014-03/msg00174.html