Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 17:06:23 -0700

On Apr 27, 2016, at 16:58, Sunil Shah <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Ben,

In following your instructions on octave 4.0.1 on fink, it worked fine till step 7).

When I issued fink install gcc5, it failed.  I saw that on fink mailing list, others had a similar problem (though for gcc 5.2.0.2).  The latest gcc5 in fink is gcc 5.3.0.1.  So I am trying the remedy in the mailing list, to remove fink's make and retrying gcc5 install.

I suppose if that works, should I reinstall fink make before proceeding with your steps 8)-12) ?

Thanks,

Sunil

You should only need a Fink make for packages which explicitly require a newer make than what Xcode provides.  And as of fink-0.39.2, the default Fink package build script uses Xcode’s make.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison