Re: MacOSX home-brew bundle question

From: Sebastian
Subject: Re: MacOSX home-brew bundle question
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:25:24 +0200

> Am 24.04.2016 um 20:25 schrieb Ben Abbott <address@hidden>:
>
> Sebastian,
>
> I’m having some difficulty understanding each homebrew install command. In
> particular, why these two commands ....
>
> ./brew install homebrew/x11/imake
> ./brew install schoeps/homebrew-xfig/transfig
>
> … rather than …
>
> ./brew install imake
> ./brea install transfig

homebrew has various repositories (e.g. science, x11). The syntax above is
short for 'brew tap x11' (add the repository x11) and 'brew install imake'
(from x11). The transfig package is not officially included in homebrew.
However, I found a working formula and forked it. I am planning to make a pull
request for that at homebrew.

Sebastian