Re: xlswrite : create xls with several worksheet

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: xlswrite : create xls with several worksheet
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:01:44 -0700 (PDT)

Littleboy wrote
> Thank you, I saw my first mistake.
>
> Here is a correction, do that work for you? In my case the file.xlsx is
> not create in the specify directory but in the current directory.
> And when I open the file.xls, all my data from sheet1 is overwriten.
>
> Directory = [pwd '\Report\'];
> FileName = [Directory 'file.xlsx'];
>
> arr1 = [1:5];
> arr2 = [1:10];
>
> Status1 = xlswrite(FileName, arr1,'sheet1');
> Status2 = xlswrite(FileName, arr2,'sheet2');

Yeah the issue here (AFAICS) is that zip cannot create directories.
FYI, .xlsx files are plain zipped archives; the executable zip (or zip.exe)
is used to create the .xlsx file but it fails. I just tried with zip.m but
that fails as well.

But in a more general sense, it doesn't work with the COM interface either
(where Excel itself is invoked behind the scenes, just like in Matlab).
Which makes me wonder if what the OP wants would work at all in Matlab - I'm
unsure.

I have no access to Matlab right now - could someone that does give it a try
?

Philip