Re: xlswrite : create xls with several worksheet

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: xlswrite : create xls with several worksheet
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:08:32 -0400

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Littleboy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you, I saw my first mistake.
>
> Here is a correction, do that work for you? In my case the file.xlsx is not
> create in the specify directory but in the current directory.
> And when I open the file.xls, all my data from sheet1 is overwriten.
>
> Directory = [pwd '\Report\']
> FileName = [Directory 'file.xlsx']
>
> arr1 = [1:5]
> arr2 = [1:10]
>
> Status1 = xlswrite(FileName, arr1,'sheet1')
> Status2 = xlswrite(FileName, arr1,'sheet2')

Running your script, everything works fine for me _as long as_ I have
already created the Report directory.  it appears that xlswrite will
not create the folder for you if it does not exist.  So, running your
script with the folder there, I got a file named file.xlsx in the
Report folder. That file had two sheets named 'sheet1' and 'sheet2',
with the data as expected.

If I run this without the Report directory already created, then it
seems that no file is created. At least none that I could find
anywhere. Status1 and 2 both have values of 1 in all cases.  This
makes me think there should be a file somewhere... or, bug?

Nick J.