Re: Plotting the frequency response of a filter in "real" Hz

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Plotting the frequency response of a filter in "real" Hz
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 11:08:28 -0700

Please try to bottom-post on this mailing list.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 14:48:00 -0300, Guilherme Ritter wrote:
> I don't quite understand how Octave works regarding function parameters,
> and I also couldn't find anything online about that, but I suppose I have
> to write "Fs = some_value" as a parameter to specify the sampling rate to
> freqz. Simply passing a third parameter gets it interpreted as "n", right?
> I tried both ways anyway and the plot and the axes remained the same.

No, arguments are positional only, except when it's a function that
explicitly says arguments can appear in different orders, or if it takes
arguments of the form

  ..., "SomeParameter", value, ...

Regardless, try passing a value for N, or pass an empty array to have it
use the default value for N, e.g.

  freqz (b, a, 1024, Fs);

or

  freqz (b, a, [], Fs);