Re: GDAL package error message at install

From: Philip Nienhuis
Subject: Re: GDAL package error message at install
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 21:01:26 +0200

Lester Anderson wrote:
What I am looking for is an Octave equivalent to the Matlab
Geotiffinfo. Trying to convert an existing code to work under Octave.

I think that rasterinfo.m does the same in the Mapping package

More or less, yes, once you get Octave-4.0.1 up and running.

Please let me know your experiences with it. This part of the mapping package is fairly new and hasn't received much testing so any feedback is welcome.

BTW it may be that if you read larger geotiff files, you'd better try the 64-bit version of Octave-4.0.1 that is here:
http://www.tatsuromatsuoka.com/octave/Eng/Win/
(grab octave-4.0.1-w64-3.7z, unpack, and run "pkg rebuild")

That version won't run out of memory as fast as the 32-bit version does.

P.