building portable gui working under octave and matlab in all supported O

From: Alex Vong
Subject: building portable gui working under octave and matlab in all supported OSs
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 07:16:06 +0000

Hi,

I am a student taking a required course in matlab. I am given an
assignment to build a gui in it. According to my teacher, the only
requirement is that it is all written in m-files. Is it possible to
build a gui in octave such that it works in matlab as well? I
personally use gnu/linux, my school use windows, some of my tutors
uses os x, so it has to work in all three OSs. Currently, I use the
trick which generate a perl script at runtime, saving in to temporary
directory and execute it. The perl script uses Tk to build the gui.
Does anyone know of a better method?

Thanks,
Alex