Re: Display data in a table

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Display data in a table
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 08:06:47 -0700

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 13:47:15 -0700, orestis wrote:
>  hey guys, I am new in Octave and I am a bit confused. I have a .mat lab file
> that has some EEG measurements in it. Using matlab I just double click on
> the file and it opens a new table with several columns and rows. In Octave i
> have to right click and choose disp but It displays everything in the
> command window. Is it possible to display it in a table?

I answered this on #octave, but to follow up here also, no there is
currently no way in Octave to view an array in a pop up table or
spreadsheet view like in Matlab.

There is an experimental variable editor patch that should provide
something similar [1]. This is only useful for those who are willing and
able to compile and test Octave.

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?8656

--
mike