Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: How to install Octave 4.0.1 on OS X Yosemite
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:31:30 -0400

On Apr 14, 2016, at 11:29 AM, Alexander Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2016, at 04:29, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2016, at 7:26 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 14, 2016, at 6:51 AM, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank you Marius.

Le 14/04/2016 12:47, Marius Schamschula a écrit :
Julien,

Under MacPorts octave-devel-release gives you octave 4.0.1.

On Apr 14, 2016, at 4:30 AM, Julien Bect <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello all,

What is the simplest way to get Octave 4.0.1 (or 4.0.0) working on Yosemite ?

I have found this page:

http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X

but it doesn't seem really up to date.

@++
Julien

I haven’t tried it, but posts by users indicate that recent releases are also available with Homebrew.

Ben

I’m able to build on Yosemite using FInk for dependencies (but have not created a Fink package. If you’d prefer a Fink solution let me know.

Ben

I haven’t had a lot of time, but I’d be able to help out with a Fink option, too.  Ideally, I’d like to hand Octave and its related packages off to somebody else who has more time to devote to it.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison

Hi Alex,

The big problem with Octave on Mac OS X is lack of Omesa. I expect if Qt4 for X11 is used instead of the native version, then Omesa will work as well too.

Ben