Re: system or dos command

From: Fernando Danko
Subject: Re: system or dos command
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 00:24:05 -0300

Try:
system(['Solver.exe i=' input_file{1}], true);

In the documentation, says:
 Built-in Function: system ("string", return_output, type)
[...]
If system is called with one or more output arguments, or if the optional argument return_output is true and the subprocess is started synchronously, then the output from the command is returned as a variable. Otherwise, if the subprocess is executed synchronously, its output is sent to the standard output. To send the output of a command executed with system through the pager, use a command like

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/v4.0.1/Controlling-Subprocesses.html

I hope to be useful,
Regards

I am trying to convert a MATLAB script to use Octave. My use of MATLAB's 'system' command in Octave is giving me trouble. Octave is not waiting for the executable initiated with the system command to finish its task. The remainder of the script post-processes data output by this executable. I tried switching to the 'dos' command. The end result is the same though it behaves a little different.

In MATLAB my system command looks like:
system(['Solver.exe i=' input_file{1}]','-echo')

In Octave I have left the '-echo' option and tried removing it. With both I also tried system and dos.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!