Accessing Galois field in c++ code

From: Shamika Mohanan
Subject: Accessing Galois field in c++ code
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 10:37:33 +0530

Hello,

I have the following code-

m = 4;
x = [3 2 9];
y = gf(x,m)
y =
GF(2^4) array. Primitive Polynomial = D^4+D+1 (decimal 19)

Array elements =

   3   2   9

If I type class(y), I get 'galois'.

I'm trying to call gf function in C++ code. I use the following code-

argv(0) = "embedded";
argv(1) = "-q";
octave_main (2, argv.c_str_vec (), 1);
feval ("pkg", ovl ("load", "all"), 0);
octave_value_list out = feval ("gf", in, o);

'in'  octave_value_list contains all the input arguments. 'out' contains the output arguments.

I'm having trouble accessing the GF output. I tried out(p).get_class_name="galois" but I get an error.

How do I identify the output is of type Galois? How do I access GF array and primitive polynomial?

Thanks,
Shamika