Re: error: __osmesa_print__: support for offscreen rendering was disable

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: error: __osmesa_print__: support for offscreen rendering was disabled when Octave was built
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 21:43:37 +0900 (JST)

--- oxyopes wrote:
> >> Install or confirm libosmesa and its dev. by synaptic package manager.
> >>
> >> Execute cofigure --help to see a configure option to enable the osmesa.
> >>

> No!
>
> I could only install OMesa6.
> Octave wants however version >= 9.
> My apt-get cannot find it. Around the net i could not find a reliable
> pkg source.
> Strange   :-/

I am writing from my smart phone so that I cannot say the definite version
number but my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS supports the libosmesa that is later than what
octave requires.  I installed octave-4.0.0 on ubuntu 12 self build libosmesa.
See octave wiki concerning the libosmesa. You can find the way to build the
libosmesa from source.

HTH

Tatsuro