Re: How to find out why some jobs wont stop?

From: Max Görner
Subject: Re: How to find out why some jobs wont stop?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 09:35:23 +0200

Hi,

thank you for that advice.

While thats actually quite a possibility, I wonder whether there is
another way more fitting my style of work. Normally I log in to that
machine via SSH and start that jobs via some scripts, so in the end they
are disowned from shell. Thus, I won't see the debug shell. I even tried
that.

I will now fall back to VNC and keep some terminals open. But is there a
way to debug disowned Octave jobs?

sincerely
Max Görner

--
Technische Universität Dresden
Institut für Allgemeine Psychologie und Methoden der Psychologie

Tel.: 0351 - 463 37899
PGP: https://wwwpub.zih.tu-dresden.de/~maxgoern/2FE6023F.asc