Help Fresh install

From: moreje
Subject: Help Fresh install
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 00:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I'm a new user and I need help to set up a Debian server with Octave
First, I need to install the last release of Octave (>4.0). What is the best
way? I found it in debian-backports but I don't know if it is a good
solution.
2nd: I need to install several packages from octave-forge. What is the
procedure if I want these packages available for all users of my server?
Thanks for your help
J.