Re: win64 build

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: win64 build
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 07:25:02 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> i'm working with huge signal files (200 - 300 MB, PCM16 .wav) on
> Windows
>>> with the octave 4.0 version. Due to the 32 bit executable i'm
> running
>>> out of the 4 GB memory (or adress space) quite often, despite the
>>> computer / Windows 7 has much more memory (16 GB).
>>> How are the chances for a 64 bit build for Windows?
>>> Can the developers make it available as download?
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>> Hayati
>

>> Please see the below
>
> http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/octave-4-0-1-64-bit-binary-for-windows-is-uploaded-td4675849.html#a4675982

> From: Hayati Ayguen
> To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> Date: 2016/3/31, Thu 07:06
> Subject: Re: win64 build
>

> Thank you Tatsuro,
> that looks very good.
>
> I'm wondering why it is not available (at least as option) on
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/ ?
>
> kind regards,
> Hayati

> I'm wondering why it is not available (at least as option) on
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/windows/ ?

I also do not know the reason why 64 bit binary is not released on the official
site.
However, it took a time when the first windows binary came up to the official
site.
(octave-4.0.0)
At the time when octave version was 3.8, octave for windows was not available
from the
official site but a site distributed windows binaries (That site is closed
now.).

Perhaps, I suppose that 64 bit binary will be distributed from the official
site in the near future.

Tatsuro