Re: Problem with PsychToolBox

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problem with PsychToolBox
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:01:14 -0400

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 8:42 AM, mighelo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, i have a probleme with Octave on Windows. When I try to run a script with
the Screen function, i have this error :/ "could not find library or
dependents: C:\toolbox
\Psychtoolbox\PsychBasic\Octave4WindowsFiles\Screen.mex"/ And when i start
the program i get this:/ PsychStartup: Either GStreamer-1.4 is not installed
at all, or if it is installed then something PsychStartup: is botched.
Trying various common locations for the GStreamer runti me to keep going.

PsychStartup: Path to GStreamer runtime is undefined! This probably means
that PsychStartup: the 64-Bit GStreamer 1.x runtime from www.gstreamer.net
is not inst alled. PsychStartup: The Psychtoolbox Screen() function will not
work at all until you fix
/
Do you know how to help me? Of course i've already installed Gstreamer a lot
of times but nothing happen.

Ok, just to fill in everyone else here with details you left out, Psychophysics Toolbox is: "a free set of Matlab and GNU Octave functions for vision and neuroscience research."
http://psychtoolbox.org/overview/

It claims Matlab and Octave compatibility, which is nice.  Seems most of the docs refer to Matlab, though, so I wonder how well it's been tested on Octave.

It is very likely you will need to seek assistance from the Psychtoolbox forum, as the liklihood of you finding someone here familiar with the tool is small.
http://psychtoolbox.org/forum/

In the meantime, could you post what version of Octave and Windows you are using? It does sound like you have a path issue, where Octave cannot find the functions you need to run. But I do not know how the Toolbox expects things to be configured.  Have you run through the basic installation instructions and tutorials? Did any of that work fine or create other problems?

Nick J.