Re: Problem with Matlab script

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Problem with Matlab script
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:39:33 -0400

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 7:30 AM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Riedel Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi guys,

i have a problem with a matlab script i like to run in Octave.

​I think you may need to fclose(fid). I assume if you close octave it dose it for you, but
otherwise the file may or may not be flashed to disk.​

​Dmitri.

--

Just to confirm, in Octave 4.0.1 on Windows using the steps above the text file is empty until running fclose.  I'm not sure if this is the case in Matlab, or if it's OS dependent.

 In Matlab (2015b running on Windows Server 2012) the data is written to the file immediately after the fprintf command, there is no explicit need for an fclose before data is written.

does that constitute a bug, or just expected behavior from how Octave handles flushing data buffers?

nickj