Re: mkoctfile: unrecognized argument vecLib

From: Carlos Sánchez de La Lama
Subject: Re: mkoctfile: unrecognized argument vecLib
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 09:01:59 +0100

Hi,

>>> mkoctfile: unrecognized argument vecLib

I reported this problem a while back. mkoctfile was changed some time
ago to pass any argument starting with dash "-" to the compiler, solving
most of similar issued. In GNU compiler, I believe all arguments but
input files start with dash, but this is not true for Apple versions
(i.e., -framework xxx). Logic in mkoctfile does not cover those cases,
but fortunately mkoctflags uses "LFLAGS" environment variable to solve
argument passing to the linker.

ODE makefile tries to pass some flags in both LFLAGS and as mkoctfile
parameters, and this fails in OS X.

See my older post:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-octave/2015-12/msg00244.html

BR

Carlos

--
'There are no happy endings. Because there are no endings. There are only ways
to cope.'

Bruce Sterling, "User-Centric" (1999)
Victoria Blake (Editor), "Cyberpunk: Stories of Hardware, Software, Wetware,
Evolution and Revolution" (2013)