Octave plotting x axis precision

From: wangboyuan
Subject: Octave plotting x axis precision
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 03:03:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I wonder how can I increase the precision of the x/y axis when I am plotting
the graph.

I have initialised the >>option long
and I have a data set for example:

x(1:3)
ans =

   736330.576631944
   736330.576643519
   736330.576655093

 y(1:3)
ans =

  -62
  -63
  -62

and when I do plot(x(1:3),y(1,3)), i can only see a straight vertical line
between -62 and -63, it seems like that the x axis doesnt have enough
decimal places to recognise the changes.

 get(gca, 'xticklabel')
ans =
{
  [1,1] = -2e+006
  [1,2] = -1.5e+006
  [1,3] = -1e+006
  [1,4] = -500000
  [1,5] = 0
  [1,6] = 500000
  [1,7] = 1e+006
  [1,8] = 1.5e+006

This is what I get from the get gca() function. Is there anyway to increase
the precision of the x axis so that I can see the data point moving ?

Thank you very much for the help