Re: Slow plotting (redraw due to legend?)

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Slow plotting (redraw due to legend?)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 21:47:47 -0400

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 18:20:16 -0400, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> Is there a nice minimal script to call legend that exhibits the slowdown
> and someone could step through with the two versions?

Try the attached minimal script taken from Jens' original example.

In Octave 3.2.4 it takes on the order of 2-3 milliseconds on my system.

In Octave 3.6.4 it takes about 0.25 seconds.

In Octave 3.8.2 through the latest it takes about 0.33 seconds.

--
mike

running that script with the 3.2.4 version of legend.m linked above, I get the following error on line 8:

warning: legend: plot data is empty; setting key labels has no effect
warning: called from
    legend at line 167 column 7
error: legend: subscript indices must be either positive integers less than 2^31 or logicals
error: called from
    legend at line 176 column 11