Re: Poor plot performance on Windows

From: tmacchant
Subject: Re: Poor plot performance on Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

Jake wrote:
> Tried the same script on lubuntu, just as slow actually. I think
> ghostscript is the bottleneck.

Which test?

The test that Mike has shown draws a plot in interactive windows but not
into a file.
So  ghostscript is irrelevant to the test and it cannot be the bottleneck.

The ghostscript is used to create png file from the postscript file on the
open GL based
graphics toolkit (qt and fltk) . And it also is used on gnuplot graphics
toolkit if gnuplot
used does not have cairo based terminals.
The gnuplot bundled  with octave 3.8 or later does not have cairo based
terminal.

So I use gnuplot for windows from gnuplot official site setting
gnuplot_binary in ~/.octaverc.

Tatsuro