Re: Poor plot performance on Windows

From: Jake
Subject: Re: Poor plot performance on Windows
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:12:01 -0700

"For my interactive plotting usecase, everything after 3.2.x is unusable."

I agree entirely. It seems like it was worst in 3.6-3.8 IIRC and got better in 4.0, but it's still bad. I was looking at prices for MATLAB yesterday because it took 30-45 minutes to run the script in question when it should've taken a minute tops.

What is the Windows (non-Cygwin) binary (and supplementals, such as gnuplot, ghostscript) compiled with? MinGW or MSVC?