Re: your mail

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: your mail
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 20:02:25 -0400

On Mar 13, 2016 6:02 PM, "Mike Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 21:46:56 +0100, Jonathan Camilleri wrote:
> > 1. Octave on Windows 10 requires dependencies, I am not sure whether
> > it is safe to install this package without dependencies.

> > error: the following dependencies were unsatisfied:
> >    optim needs struct >= 1.0.12
> > >>

> The error indicates exactly what is missing, did you try installing the
> struct package?
>
>   pkg install -forge struct
>   pkg install -forge optim

FYI, I noticed that

>> pkg update

Errors out completely if a package has a version dependency , even if that package is in the list to be updated but the order is such that the wrong one was tried first.

This is currently the case with the windows 4.0.0 installer, where I had been advising people run the build_packages.m script followed by a 'pkg update' since their all pretty old.  My guess is that's what Jon was doing.

Maybe working past that is something pkg should be able to do?

Nick J