Re: How to install the octave packages?

From: Jonathan Camilleri
Subject: Re: How to install the octave packages?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 16:54:05 +0100

Here are some screenshots.

Inline images 1
Inline images 2

On 13 March 2016 at 16:45, Andreas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
Am 13.03.2016 um 15:43 schrieb Jonathan Camilleri:
> I am trying to install a package, and, I am following the following
> format, but I am not sure what to write as the package_name, and,
> whether I just drop the .gz file to any directory.
>
> I am using Windows 10 at the moment but I have a unix box as well, the
> online tutorials do require clearer and more guided documentation.

Really? What is missing here? http://wiki.octave.org/Octave-Forge
...simply type at the Octave prompt pkg install -forge package_name. If
your Octave version is too old (before 3.4.0), you'll have to download
the package file manually, and use pkg install package_file_name.tar.gz ...

see also "help pkg"

-- Andy

--
Jonathan Camilleri

Mobile (MT): ++356 7982 7113
E-mail: address@hidden
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail.

I usually reply to emails within 2 business days.  If it's urgent, give me a call.