Re: How Come My Program Won't Work?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: How Come My Program Won't Work?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:40:43 -0500

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Doug Stewart <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Bear <address@hidden> wrote:
Project.m <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675378/Project.m>

On widows the first time you try and do a graph, the software(octave) must do some internal work on fonts,
This take up to 2 min. after that they are fast.

jumping in late, so is the delay issue anything to do with ode45 or is it just the windows plot delay bug again?  Did that ever get pinned down? It never seems to happen on my system anymore, and I'm still running the 4.0.0 release.

nickj

He tied printing some random numbers and that was fast so that is not his prob. now

The problem with first plot on windows is still there. It is related to "registering" or "resolving" all the fonts on the windows system.

We should mention this in the readme file that the First time to plot anything can take up to 1 or 2 min..

--
DAS

Nicholas  you should run it and see how long it takes.

--
DAS