Re: How Come My Program Won't Work?

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: How Come My Program Won't Work?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:19:31 -0500

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Bear <address@hidden> wrote:
Project.m <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4675378/Project.m>

Here is a program which I adapted from a research paper I read. It uses a
mathematical model to predict the outcome a spring-piston airgun system. It
is useful for determining what kind of springs, compression chamber volume,
energy, and so on I would need to accelerate some projectile to a certain
speed. It's meant originally for MATLAB.

The Trouble I've been having is that it doesn't seem to work. I dont know
anything about MATLAB, but managed to learn enough these past few days to
download octave and set it up with the relevant packages.

However, even then, the code doesn't work.

Every time I run it, it doesn't bring up the three plots that it should. The
numbers for the variables at the start are not important, I only picked them
at random to test the final product.

Here are the messages that come up in the command window when I run the
program. warning: function name 'Project' does not agree with function file
name 'C:\Users\Paul\project.m'
warning: Option "RelTol" not set, new value 0.000001 is used
warning: Option "AbsTol" not set, new value 0.000001 is used
warning: Option "InitialStep" not set, new value 0.001000 is used
warning: Option "MaxStep" not set, new value 0.001000 is used

It doesn't bring up the graphs, and I can't type anything into the command
window or close the GUI without using the task manager.

I'm running this program on windows 8.1, 64bit.

Thank you.