Re: Trouble downloading packages

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Trouble downloading packages
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:14:13 -0800 (PST)

rICHARD wrote
> I say chaps,
>      Having a spot of bother installing some packages.
>
>  >>  pkg install C:/Users/Richard/Downloads/symbolic-2.2.4.tar.gz
> configure: error: Failed to find Python
> checking for sort... /usr/bin/sort
> checking for GNU coreutils... yes
> checking for python... no
>
> pkg: error running the configure script for symbolic.

Better install symbolic-win-py-bundle-2.2.4.zip, google for "symbolic octave
bundle"

>  >> pkg install C:/Users/Richard/Downloads/fftw-3.3.4.tar.gz
> package is missing file: DESCRIPTION
> error: called from 'verify_directory' in file
> D:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\share\octave\4.0.0\m\pkg\private\verify_directory.m
> near line 30, column 7

??? AFAIK fftw is not an OF package but rather a dependency for core Octave
and needs to be present when Octave itself is built.
Again AFAIK, fftw3 (AFAIU a better fftw version) is already built as a
dependency for mxe-octave. So I'm wondering why you need fftw at all.

Philip