Convert octave_java variables to common Octave variable

From: hibr01
Subject: Convert octave_java variables to common Octave variable
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 02:15:26 -0800 (PST)

I just try to work with the Java API of Octave 4. In general the variable a
Java method/class gives back is from the type "octvae_java". But I cannot
use this variable with Octave.

Till now I understood that I can:

convert to string by

and get a "sq_string".

But what can I do when a /static/ Java method replies a (string) array for
instance?

My current example is about jSerialComm
<http://fazecast.github.io/jSerialComm/javadoc/index.html> (FYI:I know there
is the "instrument-control" package available for serial communication):

I would be nice to get a hint how to handle the octave_java variables in
Octave. I have not found any really more detailed documentation even in the
Internet regarding this topic.

It would help me much if someone could give me a hint how to convert Java
variable as:

- Integer
- Double
- String (already solved)
- Arrays

For the other Java datatypes I could write wrappers in Java.

Thank you in advance.

Hani