print/save Liberation font

From: samuel WEBER
Subject: print/save Liberation font
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 10:31:53 +0100

Hi all,

I am using the fltk graphic toolkit and octave 4.0.0 on archlinux.
I try to print a figure with an other font than "Helvetica" which is not
available in my system for Inkscape. I successfully set the font to the
figure with :

>> allAxes = findall(0,'type','axes');

>> set(allAxes, 'FontName', 'LiberationSans')

but when I try to print it out, it's still 'Helvetica'. I use

>> print filename.pdf -dpdf

but the result is the same in png or eps.

It appears that the font is not in the GhostScript path, because when i
set the font to Times/Arial or whatever in
http://ghostscript.com/doc/current/Fonts.htm#Fontmap, it works. Isn't it
weird that the Liberation Font are not in the path?
How could I print the figure with Liberation font? Should I go to the
GhostScript config' or is it a way directly in Octave?

Also, how to set the default font to Liberation? I try the following
lines (found in a post in 2009):

set (0, "defaultaxesfontname", "LiberationSans")

set (0, "defaultaxesfontsize", 12)

set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "LiberationSans")

set (0, "defaulttextfontsize", 12)

without success.

Bests,
Samuel