Re: Parallel octave

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: Parallel octave
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 12:58:46 +0100

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 11:22:37AM -0800, tj wrote:
> ... with the parallel and mpi pkgs from Octave forge

To speak for the 'parallel' package:

> - what would be needed in order to truly have a plug-play situation
> where the original Octave installation had everything it needs to
> work out of the box?

?

Octave and the 'parallel' package are different things. Anyway at
least the original 'parallel' package of Octave Forge currently does
not work at all with Windows. So the first step to whatever you mean
would probably be to change this.

> - what are the technical challenges involved, as best estimated by
> the developers? Is it time, funding?

Just that someone who works at a Windows machine provides the
necessary patches for 'parallel'.

> -is there interest in making progress in this area?

I'm willing to incorporate patches provided for Windows. I can't say
how much interest other developers have to provide them.

Olaf