Question on datestr()

From: address@hidden
Subject: Question on datestr()
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 09:55:06 +0100 (MET)

Dear listmembers,
trying to use "datestr" gives me unexpected results with hour / minute / second
- information. I am issueing

datestr(date,31)

and get
ans = 2016-01-25 00:00:00

I am issueing

datestr(13)

and get
ans = 00:00:00

In contrast my watch and "date" tell me
Mo 25. Jan 09:53:34 CET 2016

octave is
octave --version
GNU Octave, version 4.0.0
Copyright (C) 2015 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Octave was configured for "x86_64-suse-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.

Thank you very much for lookint into this,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza